Android is the most talked and popular platform these days. A lot of phones and netbooks featuring Andriod are coming in the market. Recently in our post we told that half of LG Smartphones will feature Android OS. So, is Android OS suitable for you? don’t you want to test it before buying an Android Device? Now we are writing a procedure which will let you to try Android 2.1 on Windows, Mac and Linux.
Follow the steps try Android 2.1 on Windows, Mac and Linux.
1. Download Android SDK, AVD Manager (Windows,Mac and Linux) from here.
2. Extract the file and run “SDK Setup.exe”
- Close the “Refresh Sources” window.
- Cancel the “Choose Packages to Install” window.
- Select “Settings” from the left side of the “Android SDK and AVD Manager” window.
- Check the box labeled “Force https://… sources to be fetched using http://…”
- Click “Save and Apply”
- Close and restart the SDK Setup program
4. Choose the packages you want to install. Select only the packages you need.
- If you are only interested in trying out the Android 2.1 Emulator.
- Reject everything except “SDK Platform Android 2.1. API 7, revision 1” by selecting each item then selecting the Reject option.
- If you plan to develop Android applications and Games, you may wish to Accept All.
- Click “Install Selected”.
5. Allow the selected packages to download and install then close the “Installing Archives” window.
6. Create a new Android Virtual Device (AVD) by selecting “Virtual Devices” from sidebar, now click on new.
- Enter a Name
- Choose a Target (Android 2.1 – API Level 7)
- Enter a size for the emulated SD Card
- Choose a Skin or enter Resolution e.g 800×600
- Leave the default value of “Hardware” or choose SD Card Support etc.
- Click “Create AVD”
7. Start your newly created Virtual Device.
- Choose the Virtual Device from the list.
- Click “Start”
- Click “Launch” in the new window.
8. Now it will take some time to Boot.
9. Enjoy the Android OS 2.1 on your Windows, Mac or Linux.
Here are some screenshots of Android 2.1 running on Windows.
Featuring new Live Wallpapers